For unique, quirky festive gifts that you can’t find on the high street, Charlotte Cory’s Cabinet of Christmas Curiosities should be top of your list. London-based artist Charlotte Cory’s work is all about English eccentricity, combining Victorian imagery with taxidermy to create exquisite artwork, homeware and accessories.
Charlotte Cory has pieces hanging in the House of Windsor and on Alan Carr’s Chatty Man and Liam Howlett of The Prodigy is a fan. Her work usually features at The Green Parrot Gallery in the ‘artisan quarter’ of Greenwich, but for one week only, you can see her pieces, more conveniently, in the heart of Fitzrovia, central London.
The cabinet is full of inspiring, hand-made gifts such as Charlotte Cory playing cards, illustrated china mugs, leather notebooks, silk handkerchiefs, brooches, lockets and even ‘ruffled’ (stuffed) animals. Alongside Charlotte Cory at the Cabinet of Curiosities are like-minded artists including Josephine Hague, Emily Hoffnung, Keren Luchtenstein, Paddy Robinson, Willy Smaxs and Lucy Temple.
One of my favourite Charlotte Cory gifts is the trio of stunning Christmas mugs, designed to reflect the ritualistic devouring of the traditional Christmas Pudding – before, during and after. Whether the mugs are filled with coffee, mulled wine or a nip of whisky is up to you!
The Cabinet of Curiosities will run from 17-23 December at The Framer’s Gallery, 36 Windmill Street, London, W1T 2JT
Chérie City is offering one lucky reader the chance to win a trio of Charlotte Cory Christmas Pudding mugs worth £99.
HOW TO ENTER:
Follow Chérie City on Facebook and leave a comment on this page below, sharing your favourite Christmas dessert…
The winner will be selected at random and the competition will close at 2pm on 12th December 2012.
Terms & Conditions:
– Closing date: 12th December 2012 at 2pm.
– Entrants must become (or already be) a follower of Chérie City on Facebook, otherwise entry will be void.
– Entry is limited to one per household.
– The prize offered may differ from the designs specified, subject to availability.
– The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable.
– No cash alternatives will be offered.
– The winner must claim the prize within 48 hours of contact, or a new winner will be selected.